Live on Discord!
Join our Community on Discord now!
About the Game
Throne of Lies is a 3D online multiplayer game where 8~16 players combine their social deduction skills with over 100 abilities to root out the traitors at the table and stop their foes from taking control of the kingdom.
In a modern take on tabletop games like Werewolf/Mafia and set during a time of medieval conflict, each player is randomly assigned one of 40 classes, ranging from the King, himself, to a hapless Fool. Most players will be loyal members of the Blue Dragon faction, but each game will feature members of either the wicked Cult or mysterious Unseen faction, along with a few Neutral characters to mix things up.
The unique Day/Night cycle allows players to congregate around the table, discuss their findings and accuse players of treason during the day and use their abilities to occupy, spy on, conspire against and even kill their fellow players at night.
While Cult and Unseen players know their allies, members of the Blue Dragon must be suspicious of every other player to ensure that they don’t fall to an evil plot.
Even the King is suspect in Throne of Lies, and the enemy’s ability to convert other players to their side means that allegiances are always shifting.
The game concludes when the Blue Dragon faction has disposed of all hostile threats against the kingdom or their enemies have seized control of the Throne of Lies!
- Use social abilities to silence opponents, manipulate their words and actions, or even speak with the dead.
- Keep precise notes in a journal to expose your investigation in the event of an untimely death.
- Leave behind a custom, hand-drawn Deathnote to mock your attackers.
- Equip armor & weapons to customize your character and executions with NO pay-to-win mechanics.
- Neutral players have their own objectives and missions to complete. While this could be as simple as ensuring their own survival, it may be to quietly eradicate everyone at the table.
- Gather players with the ability to generate invite codes with one click (great for large groups/streamers).
- Community moderation — cheaters, toxic players & racists will be caught and suspended/banned. Other rules may follow to ensure a safe, enjoyable experience.
Words from the Devs:
- Throne of Lies is a complex, sandbox strategy game with unlimited strategy – It is important that you learn the core mechanics/classes of the game: There is an in-game tutorial for core mechanics and "class cards" to review for individual classes/abilities. The more familiar you are with the game, the better it becomes!
- Due to the social aspect of this game with 16 consecutive players, although we heavily moderate at a "PG-13 level" with an intricate reporting system with limited censoring, we advise players sensitive to trolling to only play with people within our Discord server.
- Active development — The dev team is constantly improving the game to improve your experience. Although there’s no specific schedule for updates, we update out of passion and are committed to doing so for as long as possible.
- Windows is guaranteed to work — however, Mac, Linux and Vulkan support are 100% dependent on Unity (our game engine) updates.